Thursday, August 23, 2012

Birthdays!

So, my wonderful friend’s birthday is the day after my mother’s birthday. She always makes me THE cutest things! This is what SHE made ME for my birthday last month.
I think we have this love language where these creations we make for one another mean so much more than any purchased gift, because they truly do come from the heart. This year I kept thinking about this wine box I had purchased (for an entirely different reason), and knew it had her name written all over it! But what to do with it. I thought and thought. I decided to make it into a hanging jewelry box for her wall. First I stained it. Then I spray painted the knobs. I picked out a background paper. I actually used wine corks to take up the extra room between the box and the knob. Since these are meant for dressers that are thicker, I had to take up some room. Lastly, I added a hook on the back so she can hang in to her wall. Here are some pix on how it turned out! I'm pleased...and so was she!

No comments:

Post a Comment