Friday, August 24, 2012

Daddy/Daughter Time

Tonight I get to go to Wenatchee and spend some time with dear ol’ dad. My dad is my hero. There are millions of things I love about my dad, and there are probably even more stories to share about my dad. In fact, when my family gets together, we most often do. And WHEN we do, my dad gives his silent chuckle, rubs his hands together…and if it’s REALLY funny then proceeds to rub the sides of his head. Sometimes I do this (unknowingly) when I’m all giddy and riled up, and my friends look at me funny and say, “WHAT WAS THAAAAAAAT?” So, my dad totally rubs off on me, whether I know it or not! (no pun intended)
There have been so many times in the past 6 months that I’ve thought of my dad and said to myself, “Boy, that sure was sweet of my dad to do that”. My dad is Mr. Fix-it. He can fix just about anything. As he says, “I’m not experienced in one specific area (i.e. plumbing), but I do know a little bit about a lot of things”. And that is true. He sure does come in handy when a girl decides to buy a house. So far dad has “helped me” put in a garage door, test the sprinkler system and replace all the heads, build an entire 4ft by 8ft craft table, paint just about every room in my house, clean out the gutters (and let me say, that was some STINKY stuff), saw down a tree in my front yard, spread grass seed and peat moss, fix and build fencing around my back yard, put up blinds and curtains…well, you get the picture. Not only did he do all of this, but he also financially took care of a lot of it. I’m not sure I can ever really, fully communicate my appreciation, but the great thing? He resembles our Holy Father in that he really doesn’t expect to be thanked. He doesn’t expect to be reimbursed. He’s my dad and he loves me. I always come to the same conclusion; My dad is an awesome example to me of how our Father loves and treasures His children. Good job dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment