Saturday, January 2, 2010

Catching Up...

I feel awfully dreadful for not writing in so long. The holiday season got ahold of me...and I've been covering for a coworker who is on vacation and working 9-10 hour days the last 2 weeks. I arrive in the dark, I leave in the dark...it's dreadful. I haven't been motivated to blog. I have a few days off and am ready to write!

I celebrated the new year at my cousin Melinda's house. It was fun to have all the 2nd generation of cousins there. I love all those kiddos and it's amazing to watch them all grow up so fast.



(Melinda Me and Melissa)

Melinda, Melissa (my 2 dear cousins)and I are getting our butts in gear and we started a new eating plan as of January 1. Melinda and I are doing a Jillian Michaels cleanse. Melissa would but she's pregnant, so she's just on board with the healthy eating plan. I've never done a cleanse before, and so far...it's going well. We are doing our best to follow The Abs Diet book by David Zinczenko (editor-in-Chief of Men's Health). It's not really a "diet", more of a book on how to eat healthy and how to eat balanced. So far I'm on track and ready to roll.

For Christmas, mom and dad got me some fun craft things including soldering supplies, so as soon as I get some things made, I'll post them.

Just a quick fun nacho recipe I made the other day...very easy and SUPER good...well at least I think so!
I grilled up a package (probably one pound I'm guessing) of ground turkey
mixed in half an onion and the taco seasoning
I put whole wheat tortilla chips on my cast iron pan
sprinkled corn and black beans on the chips, then the taco mixture
then sprinkled (ha, hardly, more like COVERED) the chips with motzzarella
put in the oven until the cheese was melted
Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Love the recipe and definitely want to try it! Good luck on the healthy eating - I have some new years goals in that area too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kayla, post the recipe for the quinoa salad you made. I'd love to try that.

    ReplyDelete