Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday 7/29/2010


During my lunch break a co-worker and I headed to the new Farm Chicks store! I’m posting a picture of just how cute it is! It was fun, but sorry to say I was expecting so much more. I just love the feeling of finding something original. You know when there’s only ONE of it and your blood pressure escalates and you have a serious debate whether or not you should buy it? Well, I guess I always HOPE for that feeling, but let me tell you I was REALLY hoping for it at the Farm Chicks store. Sad to say there was about 20 of everything when all I was really on the hunt for was a one-of-a-kind find. If you’re looking for necklaces, chapstick, and tshirts with the Farm Chicks logo on them, this store is your kind of place. For me, for now, I’m hoping after they make a few bucks from their grand opening, they’ll invest in some “pickers” to find some highly anticipated treasures.


On another note, something that’s been on my heart today… Do you know those acquaintances you meet then feel a special pulling on your heart? For me, I never know for sure what it means; just that the Holy Spirit is signaling in me to push myself to meet them, talk to them, reach out to them, or even encourage them by just saying hi. A few months ago I moved my desk at work back to the old data center where there was an opening. There was a man by the name of Bill that would come in daily and deliver special tapes. Every day he’d come in around 2pm and I’d politely say hello. I got that strange pull from the Holy Spirit to push myself and really try and take the time go get to know him. I told one of my co-workers, “I don’t know what it’ll take, but I’m going to get that guy to open up to me!”. Well, yesterday my co-worker got an email that Bill had suddenly died the day prior. He hadn’t been feeling well and had been in and out the last few weeks. All this to say, when the Holy Spirit pulls on your heart…obey. I did what He asked of me and I’m glad I didn’t just ignore this inclining in my heart. We just never know how long anyone has left on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment